Easy To Prep Breakfast Casserole
Ever feel like it's hard getting a handle on preparing a decent meal? Getting the kids to school, work, gym, homework, daily chores... Where's the time to prepare a hearty meal?! Breakfast is always the hardest! Don't you wish you could hit the snooze button a few times and still make it to work on time, all while eating a decent meal to get your day started?! Here has been my go-to for a while now. It is a 5 ingredient, easy to prepare breakfast casserole that has all my favorites in it! The best part... the ingredients are interchangeable! If you don't want an overload of sausage and prefer bacon, it's an easy switch out to do just that. It'll feed 1 person a week's worth of breakfast... at least for my appetite!
- Avocado Oil (Or any kind of oil)
- A roll of ground sausage
- A pack of sausage links
- 2 or 3 sweet potatoes depending on the size of your casserole dish and the size of the potatoes
- A dozen eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Poke holes in the potatoes with a fork.
3. Stick the potatoes in the oven until they're soft. Usually about an hour depending on their size.
4. Now we can start prepping everything else while the potatoes bake.
5. Cook the ground sausage with a frying pan on medium heat. Keep chopping until all the sausage is cooked through and in fine bits. After the ground sausage is cooked, set to the side and start the sausage links.
6. I like to precut the sausage links before frying. Though, you can always cook the links first and then cut them.
7. Keep the frying pan on medium heat and make sure the links are cooked all the way through. When you're done cooking the sausage links, set them to the side and start cracking the eggs.
8. When prepping the eggs, I've done this 2 ways: scrambling the eggs and separating the yokes from the whites and adding them separately. If you scramble the eggs, put them all in one bowl and scramble. If you separate the yokes from the whites, crack them and put the yokes into one bowl and the whites in another.
9. By this time, the potatoes should be close to done and you're now ready to combine all the prepped ingredients into the casserole dish.
1. Oil the casserole dish with chosen oil and turn the oven down to 375 degrees.
2. Start with the potatoes. Take off the skin and you can either mash the potatoes in the bottom of the casserole dish, or cut them into slices and fill the bottom of the dish with the slices.
3. Once the potatoes are on the bottom, add the cooked ground sausage on top of the potatoes. Distribute the little pieces evenly on top.
4. Next, put the sliced sausage links on top of the ground sausage. Make a funny design like a smiley face, or just distribute them throughout the dish.
5. Add the eggs on top of it all. If you separated the whites from the yokes, you can add the whites first and then if you wish, place the yokes throughout the dish for added flavor. 6. Once all the ingredients are combined, place the casserole dish in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until the eggs are cooked all the way through.
7. Take out of the oven and distribute into Tupperware for breakfast for the week.
*Instead of the ground sausage, you can swap it out with bacon bits! I've done that too and that tasted just as awesome!
Watch the video as I make my casserole for the week! You can also hear some background commentary from Dexter. He was just as hungry as I was making this dish!
Have any questions about the dish? Use our "Contact" page to ask any questions you have!